'One Love L's Up' Times Square Peace Rally
It's a movement of peace for the world to recognize that at the end of the day, we are all special, we are all important. Martin Luther King, Jr. had a dream. That dream woke up the world. Now the world needs to open up its eyes. We need to be proud to stand alone, be strong enough to stand apart, but be smart enough to stand together and that time is RIGHT NOW!
Social media is aiding to every issue that this world is experiencing from racism, to terrorism, sexual discrimination, etc. It's time that we have a symbol, a positive movement that brings together everyone, a voice that stands for one cause, a symbol that represents one world, we need One Love — "One Love L's Up".
The ideal concept of this movement/rally is to create the ultimate concert series (that will start in New York City), which will tour around the world promoting One Love with a symbol "L's Up" (a movement with a voice). The concert will be an all day and night festival that will generate revenue and positivity to each city that the concert is established in. There would be a second stage, that would allow up and coming artists of all genres (through a tryout and voting process) the opportunity to perform on a platform for the world. The main stage will be for celebrity performers chosen by the "One Love L's Up" committee.
Part of the net proceeds of the concert will be donated to charities and nonprofit organizations in each city that the concert will be held in. to aid in all areas that this world is in need of, making "One Love L's Up" the ultimate movement for the world.
- Todd Wharton - CEO and Founder, LTC and Creator, "The One Love L's Up" Global Movement & Concert Series for Unity
- Allen Roskof - President, The Jim Owles Liberal Democratic Club LGBTQ Rights Movement
- Chrissy Monroe - (Formerly of Love & Hip-Hop NYC), Founder, Survive to Strive Global Domestic Violence Non-Profit Organization
- Hawk Newsome - President, Black Lives Matter
- Jayson Williams - (Former NBA Player), Co-Founder, The Rebound Institute - Speaking on substance abuse.
- Kenneth Shelton Jr. - Political Activist - Speaking on the importance of being a part of the voting process.
- Paul Sladkus - President and Founder, The Peace Day Party
- Sofia Davis - Editor-in-Chief, Fashion Ave Magazine - Speaking on women empowerment.
- Tina Alfano - Vice President, Toys of Hope - Speaking upon homelessness in America.
The event will be held on Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. ET, outdoors at 47th Street and Broadway, in New York City.